Content Related Links
School Clothing Grants
The Authority can, in some circumstances, make a grant towards the costs of clothing and footwear for school pupils to those in receipt of certain Benefits. The current grant is £55 for primary school pupils and £60 for secondary school pupils. For pupils of statutory school age the grant is paid direct to parents; for pupils over statutory school age the grant is paid direct to the student.
Eligibility criteria is reviewed annually to take account of changes to the Benefit System.
Further information can be obtained from the contact address and frequently asked questions below.
- Moyra Forbes
Education Maintenance Allowances
Education Culture and Sport
Business Hub 13
Second Floor North
Phone: 01224 523898
Fax: 01224 522022
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I apply for a school clothing and footwear grant if I am in receipt of Child Tax Credit?
- Can I apply for a school clothing and footwear grant if I am in receipt or Working Tax Credit?
- How long does it take for an application for a clothing grant to be processed?
- How much will I receive if I am eligible for a clothing grant?
- How often can I apply for a school clothing grant?
- How will I be paid the money for the school clothing grant?
- What documents do I need to show to prove I qualify for a school footwear and clothing grant?
- What other benefits can I get for my child to assist them attend school?
- Where do I get an application Form?
- Where do I return my application form?
- Who is eligible for a school clothing grant?