Seventeen: The Creative Hub
*Seventeen Artist Commissions*
The Seventeen commissions aim to nurture and invest in local artistic talent, and promote high quality artistic activity to a wider local, national and international audience.
The Seventeen commissions are open to emerging or established individual artists, organisation(s) or partnership of artists across any art-form. This can be artists from any creative discipline; i.e. visual, dance, drama, performance, written word, sound or music.
The commission fee is to support artist(s) to develop a new body of work that will be showcased at Seventeen in the main front event/exhibition space. The front exhibition space has programmed a range of activity from 24 hour dance performance through to theatre rehearsals, music events and light projections.
There will be up to 4 selected commissions available from July 2017 – January 2018.
Each commission is for a fixed fee of £2000.
The deadline for applications is midnight Tuesday 2nd May.
The following advice sessions can be booked through emailing Seventeen@aberdeecity.gov.uk or tel:01224 644885.
Wednesday 5 April 2017, 3-5pm.
Thursday 20 April 2017, 2-5pm.
Wednesday 26 April 2017, 2-5pm.
Seventeen: A space for art
Seventeen is Aberdeen's creative hub, a space for new and emerging artists to make their own. Located in the heart of the city and open Tuesday to Saturday, Seventeen provides free flexible space for creative practice and development:
It has provided a much need service to the sector and public, hosting cultural partners and cultural support services events as well as offering meeting facilities for cultural groups, practitioners and entrepreneurs.
The space has programmed exhibitions, cultural activity, workshops and training but is also available to be booked by groups and organisations to host events. If you are interested in using the space please see the guidelines and proposal forms available to download at the 'Exhibition and Events' link below and in the side panel.
- Seventeen has flexible exhibition spaces, the main exhibition and event area is located on the lower ground floor is organised and programmed through proposals. This means artists, producers, curators or organisations can apply to Seventeen to host an event or exhibition.
- There is availability for exhibitions between July 2017 and March 2018 and there is also availability to organise events that require the use of the space for a short period.
- An information point with leaflets and posters to advertise cultural events in Aberdeen.
- Seventeen also promotes all cultural events and funding opportunities through social media, email:Seventeen@aberdeencity.gov.uk, and publicise the event.
- A meeting/screening room for cultural events or organisations.
- Hot desks and cultural office space (by arrangement).
Proposal deadline is 5pm Thursday 11th May.
Proposal Forms: Seventeen Exhibition Proposal Form 17 18
Seventeen has a recently obtained a Volunteer Friendly Award and has a volunteering policy and roles for volunteers. To find out more about the volunteering roles at Seventeen or to register your interest in volunteering please click on the links below.
- Volunteer Policy
- Seventeen Volunteering Registration of Interest Form
- Cultural Ambassador Events
- Cultural Ambassador Marketing
If you are interested in finding out more about volunteering at Seventeen then please contact Seventeen@aberdeencity.gov.uk
'Murmur'/SPECTRA at Seventeen
Tel: (01224) 644885
17 Belmont Street
Public opening hours
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 10:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday: 13:30 – 17:00
- Thursday: 10:00 – 17:00
- Friday: 10:00 – 17:00
- Saturday: 10:00 – 16:00
Please note both MAKE and AIYF operate activity outwith these times but the project/exhibition space and information point will be closed outside of normal public opening hours.
Seventeen is supported by Aberdeen City Council and Creative Scotland