Residents Discount Scheme
Launched in April 2012, the scheme is FREE to residents of Aberdeen City.
Cardholders can enjoy up to 50% discount on anything from sport to leisure and libraries. This means that you can get out more often and save money too - so it's certainly worth having your Accord Card.
Below you will find a list of locations offering a discount to residents:
- Shirt by Hand: 5% discount on your tailor made shirt. To redeem your discount, just enter the discount code 'accord' at checkout.
- Aberdeen SnowSports Centre: 10% discount when you book a block of four club coached ski or snowboard sessions.
- Dundee Karting: 10% off Track Driving Experience. To take advantage of the discount just book your Track Driving Experience by phone quoting your Accord Card number.
- 1906 Restaurant and Café: 10% discount on food and non alcoholic drinks (not applicable to parties of more than eight people and not in conjunction with any other offer or discount).
- Aberdeen International Youth Festival: discount on selected performances for 2012 festival.
- Sport Aberdeen: 10% discount on full Adult prices at all fitness studios and swimming sessions. (Excludes flumes, group activities, classes, pre-booked sessions and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Restrictions may apply).
- Music Hall: 10% discount on food and non-alcoholic drinks (not applicable to parties of more than eight people and not in conjunction with any other offer or discount).
- The Beach Ballroom: discounts on selected events (see brochure for details).
- Tramsheds Coffee House and Satrosphere Science Shop: 10% discount on products.
- Adventure Aberdeen: Preferential rates on the 50+ programme and adult courses*.
- CityMoves: discount on selected classes (see brochure for details).
- Libraries: Up to 50% discount on DVDs, Blu-Ray, CDs and language courses (applies to chargeable loans only)
- Arts Development: discount on adult classes (see brochure for details).*
- Northern Arts Club: 10% discount on first year membership for new members.
*No discount available for Visitor Card holders for any activities funded via the Common Good Fund. See service(s) brochure(s) for details.
Restrictions may apply. Full terms and conditions are available at the dedicated Accord Card Scheme website.
How to Apply for an Accord Card
City residents who do not have an Accord Card yet can apply now - its quick, easy and free! Alternatively you can apply in person at the City libraries listed below, at Customer Access Points or at the Customer Service Centre.
- Central Library
- Airyhall Library
- Bridge of Don Library
- Bucksburn Library
- Cults Library
- Kincorth Library
- Mastrick Library
- Tillydrone Library
To show that you are a resident of Aberdeen City, one of the following documents must be presented showing your name and address:
- Council Tax Bill (current financial year)
- Utility Bill, e.g. Gas, Electricity, Land Line Telephone, Bank Statement (dated within the last three months)
- Bank statement (dated within the last three months)
- Photo Driving Licence
- Television Licence for current year
All information is captured electronically, therefore, you do not need to provide a photograph or complete a paper application form.
A Visitor Card is also available to non-residents allowing these cardholders to take advantage of many of the offers and discounts available under the Residents Discount Scheme (excluding activities and classes funded by the Common Good Fund). Available from 2 April 2012, Visitor Cards will be available to purchase from the Central Library at £10. The Visitor Card is excellent value for money and is valid for two years from the date of purchase.
To find out more about the Aberdeen City Residents Scheme and the Accord Card, citizens can visit www.accordaberdeen.co.uk or call 0845 345 2789.
Back to the Accord Card Scheme home page.