How can we help you...

Content Related Links

Weights and Measures

Picture of a metal ruler If you need to hire weights or want to query a short measure – whether alcohol, petrol, coal or other substance sold by quantity – please call one of our Trading Standards Officers for assistance.

We give advice on selling goods by quantity, packing goods for retail sale, calibration of scales or weights, average quantity and ‘e’ marking, etc.

For more information visit the Trading Standards website.

Back to the Trading Standards home page.


Frequently Asked Questions