Content Related Links
Aberdeen Scientific Services Laboratory
Aberdeen Scientific Services Laboratory (ASSL) provides a comprehensive testing and analysis service to local authorities, private businesses and members of the public. We have built up a large portfolio of clients throughout the North East of Scotland and beyond, including:
- Local Authorities
- national and
- multinational organisations
Our laboratory, based in the city centre of Aberdeen, is accredited by UKAS to Quality Standard ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and Drinking Water Testing Specification (DWTS), is an Official Control Laboratory for Food and Feed chemical analysis and microbiological examination and is also an appointed Agriculture Analyst. We offer a competitive service to our clients utilising the most modern equipment and techniques available.
ASSL can support businesses and local authorities by:
- Providing a comprehensive Public Analyst testing and analysis service
- Providing process monitoring and quality control services
- Helping businesses meet their environmental and legal licensing obligations
- Fulfilling legal and/or customer requirements
- Providing and interpreting key data and offering advice based on findings
Members of the Public
ASSL works to protect the public from issues relating to food, water and other consumer goods.
Our extensive scope of testing abilities is focused on our extensive experience in chemical analysis and microbiological examination and includes:
- nutritional analysis and the detection of undesirable substances in food stuffs,
- analysis of animal feeds and agricultural materials,
- analysis of potable water,
- environmental monitoring/pollution analysis of air,
- water and contaminated land monitoring and,
- consumer goods to ensure adherence to public protection guidelines.
If we are unable to help you directly then we will know someone who can. We have extensive professional and networking relationships throughout the scientific and technical community.
- Aberdeen Scientific Services Laboratory
Aberdeen City Council
Housing and Environment
Old Aberdeen House
Aberdeen AB24 3UJ
Tel: 01224 491648
Fax: 01224 276873