Content Related Links
- Application for Charitable Rates Relief
- Application for Disabled Person's Rates Relief
- Application for Fresh Start Relief Previously Unoccupied Premises
- Business Rates - Change of Address
- Business Rates - Empty Property Rates Relief
- Business Rates - Small Business Bonus
- Business Rates charges 2017-18
- Business Rates Information Leaflet 2017
- Business Rates: Direct Debit Instruction
- Transitional Relief application (2017-18 only)
Aberdeen City Council deals with the administration and collection of Rates for all business properties in the Aberdeen area. The Business Rates Team can help you with any Rates enquiry and offer advice in connection with the various reliefs and reductions available:
- Payment enquiries for individual Rates accounts
- Property enquiries including Rateable Values and rates payable
- Empty property relief
- Disabled Persons relief
- Small Business Relief
- Charitable Relief
- Sports Club Relief
- Exemption from Rates for places of worship
- Advice about payment of arrears of rates.
- Aberdeen Business Improvement District
We can also give you details of other Council Services dealing with property related issues, together with contact details of other Scottish Local Authorities and the Grampian Assessor.
Enquiries can be dealt with on the telephone or by e-mail (see contact details below).
Our office hours for telephone enquiries are Monday to Friday 08.45 to 16.45.
Enquiries in person are by appointment only. Please contact us on the telephone number below for further details.
Paying Business Rates Online
You can also pay Business Rates using our secure payments facility.
Business Rates Calculator
You can use the Business Rates Calculator to estimate your business rates bill.
Business Rates Statistics
View Business Rates Statistics online.
- Business Rates Team
Business Hub 16
Phone: 01224 346146
Fax: 01224 346700
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I get a reduction if my property is vacant?
- Can I get any other reductions?
- Do registered charities qualify for any type of rates relief?
- How is the charge calculated?
- How is the Rateable Value determined?
- How should I notify the Council if my circumstances change?
- I think that my Rateable Value is too high. How can I appeal against it?
- What are the Specified Purposes for Transitional Relief ?
- What can I do if I am having difficulty paying my rates?
- What happens if I donít pay my rates?
- What is the small business bonus scheme?
- What should I do if my rates charge is incorrect?
- When can I pay my rates?
- Where can I find out the rateable values of any property?
- Where can I pay my rates?
- Who can I contact to discuss my rates?
- Who is responsible for paying rates?
- Why do I pay rates?
- What are the Revaluation and charges for 2017-18 including entitlement to transitional relief ?