Curriculum Resources and Information Service (CRIS)
CRIS provides a specialist curricular resources and information service to staff involved in meeting the educational and social developmental needs of children and young people.
All Aberdeen City Council employees who work with school age children can borrow up to 50 items (maximum limits apply to each media type).
Registered pre-school education providers who are in partnership with Aberdeen City Council may borrow up to 30 items (maximum limits apply to each media type).
To make a request for specific subject areas, please use the Topic Request Form.
If you would like to register to use this service complete the form on the How to Join page.
Monday to Friday: 8:45am - 5pm (including school holidays, but not Christmas and New Year).
Contact CRIS for:
- Resources to help teaching staff and LRC Co-ordinators deliver the curriculum.
- Resources to support the continuing professional development of staff working with children and young people.
- Resources to support the social development of children and young people.
- Information about educational resources and suppliers.
You can make requests for support from CRIS by phone, email, fax or by visiting CRIS at the address below:
Curriculum Resources & Information Service
Tel: 01224 859772
Fax: 01224 859788
There is an intermittent fault with the CRIS phone at present. If you are unable to get through by phone, please contact us by email.
Contact the Learning Development Team for:
- Continuing professional development for staff involved in education and child development.
- Advice and training on developing and designing school libraries, including the use of library management systems.
- Advice and training on self-evaluation of school libraries and preparation for inspection.
- Advice on the promotion of literacy.
- Advice on copyright in education.
Telephone: 01224 652554
Early Years Librarian
Telephone: 01224 652557
Young People's Librarian
Telephone: 01224 652555
Back to Library Services home page.