Things are Changing at Your Library
Very soon you will notice some changes when using your Library Services. This is due to a change in the system being used by staff to manage your library membership.
As with the move to any new system there will be a number of issues which will affect the service being offered during the transition period:
Disruptions to service
- There may be a delay in getting some new stock on to the shelves between now and late November
- The online catalogue will be unavailable from 25 October
- Ebook services will be unavailable
- Emagazine services will be affected.
- Library App, 'Message' and 'My Account' features will be unavailable from Sunday 25 October 2015 so no online transactions will be possible. This means that the ability to check your account, place reservations and do any renewals online will not be available.
- We will not take any reservations from Tuesday 3 November 2015.
- The system used by staff will be in offline mode from Tuesday 3November 2015 only issues, returns and registrations possible.
- We will switch off self service machines fromTuesday 3 November 2015
- PC access will be available as usual but staff may have to assist new borrowers to logon to the PC.
The new system being installed has given us the opportunity to look at the way we deliver our services and once we go live :
- We will no longer be charging borrowers for placing reservations.
- We will offer free DVD and CD hire between 3 until go live, as compensation to customers for the disruptions mentioned above
- Customers will have the option to receive email notifications as well as/instead of voicemail and SMS for overdues and reservations.
- We will offer an option of pre-overdues via email, sent 3 days before the due date. Borrowers will have to request this option be added to their account.
- Customers can have issue receipts delivered to email or phone instead of being printed if they prefer
- We will offer a more efficient reservation service
- Once the new system is live, we will explore the possibility to enable customers to request items on order or not in stock
- We are looking to improve the circulation of stock to ensure it reaches a wider audience.
- Customers will be able to register a profile of interests, and receive email alerts to new stock relating to them.
- The head of a family will be able to renew all family items online from their own account.
It will take some time to get everything running smoothly and there may be some issues along the way. Please bear with us as we attempt to resolve any problems that arise.
If you have any comments on the changes being made or how you think we are doing please contact us as detailed below.
- Library Systems Team
Tel: 01224 652518