Lending Services - Books
Love to read?
Aberdeen City Libraries stocks a wide range of fiction, from the latest bestsellers to world classics, as well as an extensive range of non fiction.
Special collections include:
- Audio books on cassette, CD, MP3, CD and Playaway
- Large Print books
- Music Scores
- Local History books
- World Literature in selected Asian and European languages
- Language courses are available online, on CD and in book formats
Whether you are an independent book group or affiliated with the library, why not borrow your next book group read from the library? We have lots of titles available in multiple copies for book groups to borrow. Check out our list to find out more. Book Group Collection titles
If you enjoy reading and would like to join a book group but don't know where to start, try one of the library based groups in:
- Central Library, Rosemount Viaduct meets last Saturday of every month at 2.15pm (except December)
- Bridge of Don Library, Scotstown Road - meets first Wednesday of every month at 5.45pm
- Bucksburn Library, Kepplehills Road meets third Tuesday of every month at 2pm
- Cornhill Library, Cornhill Drive - meets first Tuesday of every month at 2pm
- Dyce Library, Riverview Drive meets last Wednesday of every month at 5.45pm
- Ferryhill Community Centre, Albury Road - meets second Monday of every month at 7.30pm
For more information, please contact Nicola Cameron on (01224) 652535 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Else Writes Like is now available for the first time online and its aim is to help anyone who enjoys reading fiction to increase the number of writers they read. It is designed to answer the perennial question, "I've read all the books by my favourite authors, who can I read next?" Log in with your library card number to unlock a treasure trove of new authors.
Back to Libraries home page.