In my area
Use the Aberdeen City Council Interactive Mapping service to explore your local area
Intellectual Property & Innovation
Our business information service provides initial search assistance and information for the public and businesses on innovation support and intellectual property including patents, copyright, trade marks and registered designs.
As members of Patlib UK (a network of patent libraries), we are supported by the Intellectual Property Office, the British Library and European Patent Office.
PATLIB stands for PATent LIBrary. The PATLIB centres provide users with local access to intellectual property, innovation information and related issues. The centres have qualified and experienced staff who offer practical assistance on innovation support and a variety of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).
Our services include;
- provision of innovation support and intellectual property information
- public reading areas
- copying and document delivery services
- helpdesk services
- searches in intellectual property documentation
- technology and competitor watch
- database and search training
- identifying organisations for finance/advice referrals
- identifying organisations that support innovation
To find out how we can help you, please contact us at the adddress given at bottom of page or download our IP Leaflet guide
Intellectual Assets, part of Scottish Enterprise, provides a range of free and impartial services to assist Scottish businesses to identify, manage and exploit their hidden value.
Businesses may register and find out more at the Intellectual Assets page.
- PATLIB UK List of Patent Information Centres in UK
- European Patent Office Search or apply for a patent and check the law
- Intellectual Property Office The IPO is the official government body responsible for granting Intellectual Property rights in the United Kingdom. Find information on copyright, trade marks, designs & patents
- EspaceNet Patent Search Free searchable database of UK, European & World patents
- Office for the Harmonization of the Internal Market EU Agency responsible for registering trade marks and designs that are vaild in all 27 countries of the EU,
- United States Patents Office Patent & Trade Mark Office Full text of all US patents since 1976 and full-page images of each page of every US patent issued since 1790.
- Business Information,
Tel 01224 652502
Fax. 01224 624118
Back to the Information Zone