In my area
Use the Aberdeen City Council Interactive Mapping service to explore your local area
Reserving Library Items Online
You can reserve books, CDs, DVDs, videos and other library stock via the Library Catalogue.
To do this you need to have your library card and pin number ready. Your pin number can be obtained by completing the PIN Request Form and will be emailed back to you or alternatively call into your library to obtain it from staff (you need to take your library membership card with you). You will be advised when your reserved item is ready for collection.
How to reserve your library loans online:
- Find the item in the Library Catalogue that you want by searching by author, title, keyword etc
- Click on 'Check Availability'
- If available to reserve, lick on 'Reserve this item'
- Enter your borrower number and pin and click on LOGIN
- If necessary change the Collection Site. To do this, click on the down arrow to the right of the library names and click on your chosen library. If you leave this unchanged, the item will be sent for collection to the library where you originally registered as a member.
- Click on Reserve to confirm your choice.
- On successful reservation you will receive the message 'Request succeeded'
- You will be advised when the item is ready for collection. Alternatively, you can check the status of your reservation by going in to My Account and clicking on Reservations.
Please note the following charges apply to Online Reservations.
- Adult Borrower - 50 Pence per item
- Concession - 20 Pence per item
- Childrens Items Free (Please note that adult charges apply to over 12s borrowing adult items)
Find out as soon as your reservations become available with Library Elf.
Library Elf informs you by e-mail or RSS feed when an item you have requested from the library is ready for you to collect.
The Library Elf website has no connection with the Aberdeen City Council, including Aberdeen City Libraries, and so we cannot guarantee the security or operation of this service, which our customers use at their own discretion.
Back to the Libraries home page.