In my area
Use the Aberdeen City Council Interactive Mapping service to explore your local area
Library Catalogue - search titles and renew your books
- Search Library Catalogue by author, title, keyword or ISBN
- View latest title additions
- Library Catalogue user guide
To check which items you have on loan, renew them or make changes, you will need your library card and PIN number. If you do not have a PIN number it can be obtained by completing the PIN Request Form.. Alternatively you obtain your PIN by bringing your library card along to any Aberdeen City Library.
Renew your Library Books
All library loans may be renewed twice provided other library users have not reserved them. Renewals can be done online:
Go to My Library Account
Enter your library borrower number from your library card and PIN then click login.
- Choose loans
- Click in the box next to the loans you wish to renew
- Click on renew loan
You will receive a message on successful and unsuccessful renewals. New return dates are shown beside the item. Remember - when renewing items such as CDs and DVDs the relevant hire charge will be applied.
Items may not be renewed if:
- someone else has reserved them
- the item has already been renewed 2 times
- if the item is overdue
Renewals can also be done in person at any library on presentation of a library card or the items to be renewed. It is also possible to renew by phone at any library by quoting your borrower number or an item number - phone numbers can be found on the date label of each item or by visiting Your Libraries in Aberdeen.
Suggest an item
Can't find what you're looking for? Why not suggest a new title to be added to our cllection by completing the Suggest An Item Form. All suggestions will be considered providing they are available for purchase.
Want to avoid overdue penalties? Try out Library Elf
Library Elf is a free online service which:
- notifies you by e-mail or RSS feeds when items you've borrowed from the library are due back soon - you can specify how many days in advance of the due date you'd like to be told.
- lets you know immediately when your books, CDs etc. become overdue; you can choose to be reminded daily until you take them back.
- tells you when an item you have requested from the library is ready for you to collect.
The Library Elf website has no connection with the Aberdeen City Council, including Aberdeen City Libraries, and so we cannot guarantee the security or operation of this service, which our customers use at their own discretion.Back to the Libraries home page