Property Level Protection Flood Grant
Aberdeen City Council is running a 50% funded grant scheme to allow private residents to assist in the protection of their property from flooding. The grant will be only applicable to those private residences that meet the at least one of the following criteria
- The property has been internally flooded previously and actual damage has been sustained
- The property is located on an area in risk of flooding shown on the SEPA Flooding Maps.
- The property is located on an area in risk of flooding shown on the Integrated Catchment Study Model.
Initially a grant for up to £100 can be applied for to cover the cost of a survey to determine if Property Level Protection will be suitable for the property as well as the type of protection that could be installed.
A grant of up to 50% of the installation cost of Property Level Protection, up to a maximum of £1575, will be provided to households that comply with the grant criteria. The grant will be paid out retrospectively on the basis of proof of expenditure. The property protection once it has been installed must meet at least 2 of the following criteria:-
- The products used are European Kite Marked
- The products used are from the suggested list of manufacturers
- Flood survey has been undertaken to determine appropriate Property Level Protections.
In order to support the application for payment, you should add:
- Photographs of property and the improvements made.
- Proof of expenditure.
- Technical data of the materials used
- Map with the location of the property.
- Enclose a copy of the letter approving your grant application
How to apply for both Grants
1. Complete the application form and email it to email@example.com or
2. Hand in your application form and any evidence to the Customer Service Centre at Marischal College or any Customer Access Point or
3. Post in your application form and any evidence to:
Team Leader (Flooding)
Aberdeen City Council
Business Hub 11
AB10 1AB or
4. Call 03000 200 292 and a member of the team will be able to help.
We aim to let you know the outcome of your application within 10 working days of receipt of your application