Temporary traffic restrictions in city centre this weekend
Temporary traffic restrictions will be in place to accommodate Aberdeen's international street market and Celebrate Aberdeen festival this weekend.
To ensure public safety the following restrictions will be in place from 5am on Friday 29 August until 10pm on Sunday 31 August:
- Union Terrace will be closed;
- Diamond Place will be closed;
- there will be no parking on Union Terrace or the slip road between Rosemount Viaduct and Union Terrace (except market operatives vehicles);
- the right-turn ban for buses from Skene Street in to Rosemount Viaduct will be suspended;
- Rosemount Viaduct from its junction at Skene Street / Denburn to Blackfriars Street will be closed from 7.30am until 7pm on Saturday 30 August only.
An alternative route will be available via Union Street, Broad Street, Upperkirkgate, Schoolhill and Rosemount Viaduct.
To provide parking for market operatives vehicles, the normal pay-and-display parking restrictions and operations will be suspended on both sides of the Beach Boulevard, between its junctions with Wales Street (north side) and Hanover Street to opposite the east junction of Wales Street (south side), from 5pm on Thursday 28 August until 9pm on Sunday 31 August 2014.
Aberdeen City Council's Convener of Enterprise, Strategic Planning and Infrastructure Councillor Barney Crockett said: "With so many great events on offer I would encourage the public to plan ahead for trips in to the city centre this weekend as it is likely to be busier than usual. I would also encourage anyone coming in to the city centre to use public transport if they can, and remind car users that parking is available in Marischal College car park at weekends."