Content Related Links
In Town Without My Car Day 2016
Sunday 25 September 2016
10am - 4pm
Schoolhill and Belmont Street
In Town Without My Car Day with the free waterslide returns to the city centre.
Once again as part of European Mobility Week we are closing Schoolhill, Belmont Street, Gaelic Lane and Little Belmont Street to traffic and filling all that road space with a variety of free, family-friendly activities including:
- free waterside - sold out!
- free face painting
- children can ride weird and wonderful bikes, balance bikes and trikes
- scale a giant climbing wall
- Aberdeen Science Centre host hands-on experiments which you can try at home and you can experience stepping inside a giant bubble
- watch the Aberdeen University Circus Skills Society demonstrating their juggling and performance skills throughout the day
- bring your own bike for a free maintenance check-up
- look out for all shapes of bikes including a penny farthing and unicycle
- plus much more!
Leaflet and Map
Click on the thumbnail image for the full size PDF.
List of Stalls and Activities
- Waterslide & Changing Tent
- Driving Simulator
- Segway Aberdeen
- Cocoa Ooze / Books and Beans
- Play me Piano
- Alpine Bikes
- Aberdeen Cycle Forum
- Aberdeen Science Centre
- Evans Cycles
- Cycle Roadshow
- Grub / Angus & Ale / Haig's
- Europe Direct
- Circus Skills
- Get About Tent
- Air Quality
- Recycle Team
- City Wardens
- Community Council
- Play Forum
- Co-wheels Car Club
- Climbing Wall
- First Bus
Waterslide Sold Out
- Advance registration was required for this activity. All time slots are full therefore you won't be able to turn up and have a go on the slide on the day without a booking.
Rules of the Slide
- All participants must be 7+ years of age.
- Participants must be in good health and not affected by medical problems, such as heart, back or neck problems, or recent operations which might be worsened by the experience.
- Expectant mothers are not allowed to ride.
- Anybody suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs will be refused entry.
- Sensible clothing must be worn, to include covering of arms and legs.
- Sensible footwear must be worn no loose sandals, only shoes which fully cover the toes, no stiletto heels.
- All jewellery must be removed prior to sliding.
- The slide will not operate in extreme weather conditions.
- We have the right to refuse participation on the day, if we feel the ticket holder does not comply with any of these rules.
- The press are likely to be at the slide, filming and photographing the day's events. You must be willing for the press to film and photograph you as one of many of the participants.
- Participants use the slide at their own risk.
- Participants are to slide down head first on the lilo provided. The slide operates with a little water and lubricating agent.
- Sliders must hold on to the lilo at all times.
- To allow as many people down the slide in one day, each participant can only have one go. (sorry!)
- After sliding, participants must exit the landing area as quickly and safely as possible with guidance from the marshals and give back the lilo. No running.
For all enquiries call 01224 522802 or email firstname.lastname@example.org