Design a Flag Competition
Enter our competition to see your flag design printed on the back of the hand held Armed Forces Day flags. These will be waved at the Armed Forces Parade on Saturday 24 June 2017.
Crowds show their support by waving these flags as military service men and women, veterans, cadets and youth organisation march down Union Street accompanied by local pipe bands.
Armed Forces Day acknowledges everyone in the Army, RAF, Navy and other associations who are bravely serving their country. It also gives us the chance to remember those who have lost their lives in wars all around the world.
- Age limit: Designs are welcomed from primary school aged Aberdeen City.
- Theme: We're looking for bright and colourful drawings of what the armed forces means to you. On the back will be the Armed Forces Day logo with the Union Jack flag.
- Checklist: Please use felt tip pens and writing in blue/black pen
Please don't use pencil crayons and writing in pencil
- Prizes: One design from each category will win a family pass to The Gordon Highlanders Museum and £20 Hobbycraft vouchers. The age categories are:
5 - 7 years old
8 - 10 years old
- 11 - 12 years old
- Closing Date: Friday 5 May 2017
- Send your entries to: Armed Forces Day Flag Competition, City Events, Aberdeen City Council, 1st Floor, Town House, Broad Street, Aberdeen
Download the Competition Entry Form and instructions. We accept entries from individuals and via primary schools too.
TIP FOR TEACHERS
- You don't have to print both sides in colour for every pupil.
- You can print the flag side only in black and white, write in your class and school details to create a master then photocopy that so pupils only have to write in their name and saves you filling in the school's details over and over!
- Just keep the return address on the back page for your reference for when you post them to us.
Get in touch
Should you require any further information regarding the Armed Forces Day, please contact:
- John Purcell, Events Officer, Aberdeen City Council, 1st Floor, Town House, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1AQ
- Tel: 01224 523575
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org