Content Related Links
Community Festive Fund
The Community Festive Fund was established to encourage organisations and groups to come together within their own communities during the Christmas and Hogmanay period to celebrate community wellbeing and togetherness.
The fund can provide a small financial grant to individual community groups and organisations who are arranging a celebration for their local community or continuing to grow and develop an existing event which may already be held within Aberdeen City.
The financial support available for any group or organisation is a sum up to a maximum of £500, subject to eligibility and monies available within the fund once all applications have been received for consideration.
- The Christmas event must be held between 21 November and 30 December 2016 within Aberdeen City.
- The Hogmanay event must be held between 31 December 2016 and 1 January 2017 within Aberdeen City.
- Only one application per group will be considered.
- Applicants must be a constituted group or organisation.
- It must take place in a venue within Aberdeen City for the benefit of the local community.
- The funding can be used for the purposes of entertainment, venue hire, transport, staffing, decoration or catering. None of the monies requested or received can be used for the purchase or supply of alcohol at the proposed event. Further details on what is eligible for funding is available within the Community Festive Fund Guidance document.
Successful applicants will be required to provide receipts for all purchases made up to and including the amount of financial support received from Aberdeen City Council as proof of expenditure. These must be returned no later than 2 weeks after the event takes place.
Following approval by the Council, the introduction of a "3 strikes" policy means successful group applications will only be granted funding for 3 consecutive years before sitting out a year.
Groups who have submitted applications for support in the past and have then failed to comply with the criteria detailed, including the submission of receipts after the event will have this taken into consideration when applications are being considered for all future funding support.
Failure to comply with any or all of the above criteria will result in a request by Aberdeen City Council for repayment of any funds awarded.
How to Apply
Applications for the Community Festive Fund should be returned by 12 noon on Friday 21 October 2016
Please email to email@example.com or post to:
Community Festive Fund, City Events, Aberdeen City Council, Town House, Broad Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1AQ